The NFL will honor outstanding members of the community throughout the three-day celebration at the 2018 NFL Draft. Special guests will take part in the excitement of the Draft by announcing various picks and participating in festivities in Dallas.
Salute to Service
The NFL will honor and welcome active duty service members, veterans and their families at events throughout Draft Week.
On Thursday, April 26 a joint color guard from Joint Base Naval Air Station in Fort Worth will join talent on-stage during the National Anthem to open the Draft.
On Friday, April 27, the NFL will continue to honor our Nation’s heroes in unique ways, including military appreciation moments during Rounds 2 and 3.
During Round 2 the NFL will team with the Tragedy Assistance Program For Survivors (TAPS) to honor Army Capt. ELLERY RAY WALLACE, a Texas native, who made the ultimate sacrifice in service to our nation while serving in Afghanistan in 2010. Wallace’s wife and four children will accompany Cowboys Legend BOB LILLY on-stage to announce the Cowboys’ Round 2 pick.
In addition, the NFL is teaming with the USO, TAPS and Wounded Warrior Project® (WWP) to host active duty service members from all five branches of the military and veterans as guests at the Draft for all three days.
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital®
St. Jude patient AUSTIN will join COMMISSIONER GOODELL onstage at AT&T Stadium to announce the Denver Broncos’ Round 1 pick on Thursday, April 26. This week, Austin, Broncos’ fan, joined NFL Network’s “Up to the Minute” to break the news and analyze the team’s Draft needs – watch here.
An aspiring NFL broadcaster, Austin, 17, from New Mexico, was diagnosed with oligoastrocytoma, a rare form of cancer, at the age of two and has been in remission since 2007. Today, as a junior in high school, Austin is an announcer for a sports radio show in his hometown and is an on-air personality and prep sports statistician for local ESPN radio in New Mexico.
NFL PLAY 60 is the “official champion of play” at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, helping to give all kids the chance to PLAY 60 and lead active and healthy lives. Earlier this year, during the 2018 NFL Scouting Combine, NFL Network host RICH EISEN ran the 14th annual ‘Run Rich Run’ 40-yard dash to benefit the NFL PLAY 60 relationship with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Youth and High School Football
Football captains from six Arlington ISD schools will take the stage alongside COMMISSIONER GOODELL and represent the Dallas Cowboys during their Round 1 pick.
Below is the list of high schools whose football players will be represented:
- Arlington High School
- Bowie High School
- Juan Seguin High School
- Lamar High School
- Martin High School
- Sam Houston High School
Round 6 of the NFL Draft will be Play Football-themed and celebrate youth and high school football participants across the country. Youth football players from NFL FLAG and local youth and high school football have been selected by NFL Clubs to announce Round 6 picks from various locations throughout the country.
Fuel Up to Play 60 Draft Student Ambassador, TRINITY WILLIAMS, will be recognized on-stage during the Cowboys’ Round 7 selection.
NFL Legends and Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year Recognition
Thirty-two NFL Legends, one representing each team, will be featured in Round 2. Eleven Pro Football Hall of Fame members will announce picks: JIM BROWN, WILLIE BROWN, JERRY KRAMER, WILLIE LANIER, BOB LILLY, ANDRE REED, MIKE SINGLETARY, DWIGHT STEPHENSON, LADAINIAN TOMLINSON, AENEAS WILLIAMS and ROD WOODSON.
Round 3 Draft announcements will feature past recipients and team winners of the Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year Award presented by Nationwide.
The Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year Award recognizes a player for his excellence on and off the field and represents the best of the NFL’s commitment to philanthropy and community impact.
Below is the list of former players scheduled to make selections in Round 2, as well as Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year national and team winners announcing Round 3 picks.
**Bold designates Hall of Famers
**Teams selected players to be honored regardless of whether the team possesses a Round 2 or Round 3 pick.
|Green Bay Packers
|Kansas City Chiefs
|Los Angeles Chargers
|Los Angeles Rams
|New England Patriots
|New Orleans Saints
|New York Giants
|New York Jets
|San Francisco 49ers
|Tampa Bay Buccaneers
||To Be Confirmed
Fuel Up to Play 60
TRINITY WILLIAMS, a student at Frisco Heritage High School, will serve as the Fuel Up to Play 60 (FUTP 60) Student Reporter at the 2018 NFL Draft. As part of her experience, Williams will announce a Round 7 Draft pick on-stage at AT&T Stadium.
Day 3 Pick Announcements
As previously announced, NFL teams will announce their Day 3 selections for Rounds 4 to 6 of the 2018 NFL Draft from special locations of their choosing. Featuring special guests, clubs will make their picks from around the world, including military bases, state landmarks, and major attractions.
Here is a sampling of special team announcements during Day 3 of the NFL Draft:
- BALTIMORE RAVENS: Former Raven and Hall of Fame Offensive Tackle JONATHAN ODGEN and HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL ALL-STARS will make selections from the USS CONSTELLATION.
- BUFFALO BILLS: Bills Legend THURMAN THOMAS and BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS COLLABORATIVE OF WESTERN NEW YORK (WNY) NFL FLAG FOOTBALL PROGRAM will announce picks from NIAGARA FALLS.
- CLEVELAND BROWNS: Pro Football Hall of Fame President DAVID BAKER and youth football players will make selections from the PRO FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME.
- JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS: Team defensive linemen CALAIS CAMPBELL and YANNICK NGAKOUE will join Jaguars sweepstakes winners to announce Round 4 and 5 picks from LONDON. Back in Jacksonville, players from the JAGUARS’ 2018 GIRLS FLAG FOOTBALL JAMBOREE will announce the team’s 6th Round Pick.
- KANSAS CITY CHIEFS: FORT RILEY CHILD AND YOUTH SERVICE TEAMS will announce selections from FORT RILEY MILITARY BASE.
- LOS ANGELES CHARGERS & LOS ANGELES RAMS: Pick announcements for both teams will occur at the construction site for the LA STADIUM AND ENTERTAINMENT DISTRICT AT HOLLYWOOD PARK. In addition, 2017 Don Shula NFL High School Coach of the Year ROBERT GARRETT will announce the Chargers’ Round 6 pick.
- MIAMI DOLPHINS: The MARJORY STONEMAN DOUGLAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL TEAM will announce picks with the FAMILY OF SLAIN FOOTBALL COACH AARON FEIS from the DOLPHINS TRAINING FACILITY.
- MINNESOTA VIKINGS: Members of the 2018 U.S. MEN’S OLYMPIC CURLING TEAM – the first ever U.S. curling gold medalists – will announce picks at the ST. PAUL CURLING CLUB.
- NEW YORK JETS: BOOMER ESIASON and HIGH SCHOOL ALL-STAR GAME PLAYERS will make picks from THE INTREPID SEA, AIR & SPACE MUSEUM.
- OAKLAND RAIDERS: YOUTH AND HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL PLAYERS from Las Vegas will make selections from NELLIS AIR FORCE BASE.
- PITTSBURGH STEELERS: UNITED STATES ARMY CAPTAIN AND BRONZE STAR RECIPIENT JOHN KELLY will make a pick announcement from Heinz Field along with his SERVICE DOG RANGER.
- SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: From LUCASFILM, RON HOWARD, CHEWBACCA, STORMTROOPERS, and R2-D2 will make picks along with the SFPAL’S 49ERS PREP FLAG FOOTBALL TEAM.
- TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS: A PARROT will deliver the team’s selection to a pick announcer at the PIRATE SHIP IN RAYMOND JAMES STADIUM.
- TENNESSEE TITANS: Members of the TENNESSEE YOUTH FOOTBALL LEAGUE to make picks from the GRAND OLE OPRY music stage.