Yesterday, we looked at some of the celebrities who will be announcing picks on Day three of the NFL Draft. Today, the NFL revealed some of the legends that will be announcing some of the picks on day two of the draft.
Here is the list below:
|Green Bay Packers
|Kansas City Chiefs
|Los Angeles Chargers
|Los Angeles Rams
|New England Patriots
|New Orleans Saints
|New York Giants
|New York Jets
|San Francisco 49ers
|Tampa Bay Buccaneers
According to The Vertical, the Bulls’ Rajon Rondo will attempt to play in game five against the Celtics on Wednesday night. Rondo, who has a fractured right thumb, had his cast removed on Monday.
The Bulls-Celtics series is tied 2-2.
Will he be ready? Judge for yourself.
According to Cleveland police, NFL Draft prospect and former Ohio State CB Gareon Conley is accused of rape.
At this point, no charges have been filed against Conley. According to ESPN, here is what transpired:
According to a police report obtained by ESPN, the alleged incident occurred April 9. A 23-year-old woman told police she met Conley in the elevator of the downtown hotel and he brought her back to his hotel room. She alleges that after she declined an offer of group sex with Conley and two friends, Conley had sex with her then kicked her out of the room.
Conley has denied the charges. According various mock drafts, the former Ohio State star is expected to be drafted in the first-round. You wonder how much these allegations change things for Conley.
Arizona Cardinals LB Daryl Washington has been reinstated on a conditional basis by the NFL, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter. Washington, 30, has not been in the NFL since 2013.
Washington was suspended for the entire 2014 season because of substance abuse.
Day three of the NFL Draft should be very interesting, but not for the reasons you think. On Day three, pick announcements will feature current and former NFL players, military personnel, actors, singers, and more!
Also, Round 6 will be youth football-themed, and youth football players from Pop Warner, NFL FLAG, and local teams will represent various NFL clubs in their individual markets during pick selections.
Here are a few:
- Arizona Cardinals – Ten season ticket members will join cheerleaders and Big Red, the team’s mascot, to announce picks from the GRAND CANYON.
- Chicago Bears – Bears running back JORDAN HOWARD and military personnel will make selections from the team’s headquarters at HALAS HALL.
- Cleveland Browns – Former Browns player JOSH CRIBBS and season ticket members, along with alumni, will announce picks from CEDAR POINT AMUSEMENT PARK.
- Denver Broncos – Military members and NFL legends will make selections from PIÑON CANYON MANEUVER SITE.
- Houston Texans – Astronauts at the INTERNATIONAL SPACE STATION AND SPACE CENTER will announce picks for the first time from outer space.
- Indianapolis Colts – Colts defensive end KENDALL LANGFORD will make picks from the INDIANAPOLIS ZOO, along with staff personnel.
- Jacksonville Jaguars – Picks will be announced from LONDON and JACKSONVILLE.
- Kansas City Chiefs – Service members will make picks from the WHITEMAN AIR FORCE BASE.
- New York Jets – Children of fallen EMT Yadira Arroyo will announce Day 3 selections from EMT HOUSE 26.
- Philadelphia Eagles – Actor MORRIS CHESTNUT and CNBC’s JIM CRAMER will make picks from the NFL DRAFT THEATER.
- Pittsburgh Steelers – Actor MILO VENTIMIGLIA, Actress MANDY MOORE, current players, and members of a local youth football team will announce selections from HEINZ FIELD.
- San Francisco 49ers – Country music singer JON PARDI will make picks from LEVI’S STADIUM.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers – General JOSEPH VOTEL, Commander of the United States Central Command, will announce selections from the team’s headquarters at ONE BUCANNEERS PLACE.
- Washington Redskins – Actor MICHAEL EALY will make picks with fans from FEDEX FIELD.
After getting swept by the Cavaliers, the Pacers thoughts are to the off-season, and what they can do to improve. One player who might be looking to improve his situation is their star Paul George. According to Mitch Lawrence, George had expressed to former teammates his interest in playing for the Lakers. George, who is from Southern California, can opt out of his contract at the end of next season. George could sign an extension with the Pacers this off-season.
The Lakers need a star, and George might fit the bill. We’ll see what Magic has up his sleeve.
According to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, former Vikings’ RB Adrian Peterson is close to a deal with the New Orleans Saints. The deal, according to Rapoport, could be for more than three million dollars in 2017.
Peterson, 32, missed 13 games in 2016 due to injury.
Andre Berto fought brave, but ultimately the pressure from Shawn Porter was too much for him. Berto was stopped in the ninth-round last night at Barclays Center.
Have we seen the last of the 33-year-old Berto?
Berto wrote this on Instagram today.
Is he saying goodbye?
Russell Westbrook messed around and had a triple-double in the fist half. Unfortunately, it was not enough as the Thunder lose game four to the Rockets 113-109. The Rockets lead the series 3-1. Westbrook finished the game with 35 pts, 14 rebs, and 14 asts.
The Thunder have struggled when Westbrook goes to the bench. Westbrook defended his teammates at the post-game press conference:
The Warriors did not need Steve Kerr or Kevin Durant last night in Portland. GSW won game three against the Blazers 119-113 to take a commanding 3-0 lead in their best of seven first-round series.
While this series is pretty much over, the Warriors’ big concern is the health of their coach. Steve Kerr, who missed the first 43 games last season because of complications with his back surgery, will not coach game four against the Blazers he announced today.
Also, According to ESPN’s Ethan Strauss, Kerr had this to say about his future:
Losing Kerr for the rest of the playoffs would be a huge blow for the team. Hopefully, Kerr can get right.